My Classroom Facebook Page- Update
In my last post I wrote about why I stated a classroom Facebook page as well as my first weeks results.
I felt like it was time for an update…..
– Currently 11 of the kids have at least one family member on the page. Dads, Moms and a couple Grandparents. Several parents have mentioned they will join soon because their child always talks about it :)
– In the last month I have made close to 70 posts
– There have been right at 100 comments made by parents on those posts
– Each day I post at least 2 things from our day. With my iPhone these post can be done easily and quickly AS THINGS HAPPEN
– The kids look forward to hearing the comments parents make and it has become a great way to review our previous day and week
– The kids are starting to request certain things to be posted that they value and it is quickly becoming “their page”
– I have found it a great way to send “homework” for relevant extension of our day. Favorite so far was having the family count syllables in “Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious“ Posted a link to the song and feedback was great!
– I am getting to know the parents better and feel more connected with them
-Getting important info to parents is easy and fast (even though this is my least concern page)
I will close with one of my favorite quotes thus far…
“This is great because even when he is sick and absent we can be working on school work :)“