No More Glue Problems
As many of my readers already know I am a big supporter and proud member of a twitter group called #kinderchat. If you don’t know check out the blog HERE One of the MANY things we have discussed that has made a significant impact in my classroom was about glue. Yes glue! I tweeted one day about being tired of fixing, unclogging, and opening glue bottles. I PLEADED for someone to offer an idea to help with the issue. Enter my glue savior, the Goddess of Glue @HappyCamperGirl . She mentioned that she used glue pots and glue spreaders in her room and I immediately ordered some for my class.
Here is why I like them…
– The glue in the pots has never dried out
– The students are completely independent with them
– It is easier for them to “paint” on the glue than squeeze a bottle
– The glue spreaders clean themselves. The students put them in our “cleaning cup” when done using and the glue dissolves in the water by itself. Then a helper dries them and puts them back in the centers the next morning. The cleaning cup is an old oversized coffee cup.
– The glue pots do tend to get messy but the lid keeps everything looking tidy. I have only needed to clean the pots once so far this year and all I needed to do is let them soak in water overnight.
– It is cheaper to buy the glue in bulk
– Did I mention the kids never need my help with the glue anymore?