This Continues To Be My Favorite Tech Tool
This is an edit of a post from a while back…
My favorite technology tool in the class is the digital camera. My kids have access to it all day. They are allowed to get it anytime to take pictures of things they want to document or share. We constantly use the images to review our learning and also share that learning with parents and friends around the world.
A few things I love about the digital camera (when kids are given control)…
– it is a way for the students to share learning (gives them a voice)
– we get to see things from their perspective
– it is a review of their learning
– they are practicing how to capture a thought with an image
– the students learn how to use a camera
The next step is of course sharing these images. I have a post coming soon that will describe the ways that we share pictures from our class using a class blog.